Moments of Wonder

fullsizeoutput_250a.jpegHeaven is my garden. It is the only place I can be in the moment without effort. My mind is still. I blot out noise of the world and hear birdsong. I block out worries of the day and find peace.

fullsizeoutput_2a56.jpegI slow down and take time to see the beauty surrounding me. My camera captures moments I want to remember.

IMG_7597.JPGI garden from the heart. The rhythm of garden chores comforts me, the repetition of planting, weeding, watering and pruning. I know what to do and how to do it. I ease into the work. Down on my knees, hands immersed in the earth, I stop to reflect, never taking the garden for granted. I am grateful.

fullsizeoutput_1941

Embracing the quiet calm, I close my eyes and inhale the sweet scent of viburnum and roses.

fullsizeoutput_2a85

My gardening life follows the flow of the seasons. Spring ignites motivation. Green emerging plants is a welcoming sight. I rake up leaves, cut out dead wood and prune back branches. I mix compost with organic fertilizer and feed the plants.

fullsizeoutput_2307.jpeg

Summer stimulates fulfillment. The garden blooms; flowers weave into others. The plants I nurtured in spring, nurture me.

Fall encourages contemplation. The fall garden in all her brilliance holds nature in her hands.

fullsizeoutput_221c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15d0.jpeg

Winter inspires reflection.

fullsizeoutput_2296.jpeg

My garden is a tapestry of colors, textures, and fragrance that wraps itself around my heart.

Post navigation

13 comments for “Moments of Wonder

1. Sandy Marinuzzi
    March 6, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Toby beautiful thoughts & garden! I can see the serenity and beauty it provides! Sandy Marinuzzi

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 9:24 AM Always the Garden wrote:

> eta712whiteoakcottage posted: “Heaven is my garden. It is the only place I > can be in the moment without effort. My mind is still. I blot out noise of > the world and hear birdsong. I block out worries of the day and find peace. > I slow down and take time to see the beauty surrounding me.” >

• March 7, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Thank you Sandy!
      The temperatures have been below freezing, but I do see signs of life in the gardens.

2. Kim Stafford
    March 6, 2019 at 3:13 pm

Is there any sound more soul-feeding than birdsong? If the birds are happy, all is right with the world. And again, your photos are magical! xoxo

3. Love, Bunty
    March 6, 2019 at 5:35 pm

Teddy, your post, springing the clocks ahead this weekend and the slow melt of snow, it’s coming….
    Can’t wait to see the little pop up of green.
    Such beautiful and encouraging
    pictures. Seasons are something.

4. Eileen Cunningham
    March 6, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Extra lovely like a beautiful prayer of praise set to music. Eileen

5. March 6, 2019 at 11:54 pm

So beautiful…makes me long for summer!

6. Tony King
    March 8, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Hi Ellen,

I always enjoy your entries, they give me a moment to take pause….and take in my beautiful surroundings…unfortunately life sometimes passes us by….I say to you…bravo !!!. Nuture your flowers, photograph them…smell the roses….and thank you.

March 9, 2019 at 2:10 pm

Toby your pictures and words are beautiful!!! xoxo

March 10, 2019 at 5:31 pm

What a pleasure to wander through your garden with you… Thank you, dear Ellen. xoxo