Happy 1st Anniversary!

On October 19, 2014 I published my first post for my blog: Always the Garden. I remember sitting with printed directions on my lap following every step trying to set up my pages; it was all new learning for me, scary and difficult. I had to refer to the Lingo sheet just to get through the directions; what’s a widget, dashboard, gravatar, header, menu, page, and post? Help! Starting something new is challenging and often I thought about giving up, but I didn’t and I’m glad.

I never knew the Blogging World was out there; it is a place of wonder; you can travel around the world and learn about interesting people and their lives. There are blogs on every topic of interest; most include beautiful pictures and writing.

When I started my blog I lived in Connecticut; a lot can happen in a year; now we live in South Carolina. My favorite season in Connecticut was Fall and now I’m experiencing the same joy: cool mornings with day time temperatures in the 70’s, breezes and no humidity.

Hidden in the foliage of our Lantana bush I discovered:

a chartreuse tree frog

A chartreuse tree frog.

a gecko

A gecko; I love his eye, tinged with blue.

Our Fall pots are filled with cold hardy plants: Ivy, Petunias, Marigold and a colorful plant called Croton. I used to buy Crotons in the Fall in Connecticut to add Fall color indoors.

May you experience joy in the changing season!

Thank you for taking the time to read my words.

25 comments for “Happy 1st Anniversary!

1. T.K.
    October 18, 2015 at 4:17 pm

Happy Anniversary. ..very nice…good for you…!

2. kim
    October 18, 2015 at 5:13 pm

Just beautiful!! I love your critters, especially the little tree frog. What a face. Hope you are getting comfortably settled. πŸ™‚

• October 19, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I knew we had critters here and love that they live right outside my door. The little tree frog did have a sweet face; he patiently sat while I took his picture. Soon you too will have tree frogs in your backyard. πŸ™‚ xxoo

3. Marie
    October 18, 2015 at 6:10 pm

I look forward to your blog. It’s always so well done. Good to hear from you in SC. Happy anniversary and happy fall.

• October 19, 2015 at 1:03 pm

How sweet Marie, thank you! Hope you are enjoying the beautiful Fall weather in CT.

4. Donna
    October 18, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Beautiful pictures! Miss you, but I’m so happy that you’re happy in your new home!

• October 19, 2015 at 1:01 pm

It is nice to be here, but I do miss you and all my friends at the Island. πŸ™‚

October 18, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Beautiful pictures. Be happy in your new location. Miss you.

October 18, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Happy Anniversary!!! Fun to have new critters to discover!! xoxo

• October 19, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Thank you Beth! It was fun discovering them; I was pruning the bush; when I stopped and looked carefully I saw them. xxoo

7. October 19, 2015 at 1:20 am

Happy 1st year anniversary and best wishes for many, many more πŸ™‚

8. Shirley
    October 19, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Dearest Ellen,
    I love your latest writing and pictures. Such fun finding geckos and chartreuse tree frogs. Your new garden is going to be full of surprises. Your fall pots are so pretty and I especially love the combinations of plants. I look forward to your sharing your new experiences.

• October 20, 2015 at 11:33 am

Dearest Shirley,
      It was fun finding the critters and I look forward to discovering more. I loved picking out plants at the nursery that extend the season for my pots on the porch. πŸ™‚

9. janette
    October 20, 2015 at 12:33 pm

OMG you are missing all that snow that has already landed in CT. Good move.
    Glad you are still blogging. Blessings xo

10. October 21, 2015 at 2:40 pm

I remember starting my first post too, and felt exactly the same! Happy 1 year mark and new home!

October 25, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Dear sweet Ellen, I am so looking forward to your future postings from your South Carolina garden!! Congratulations on your first anniversary of blogging!! ❀ Love, hugs, and blessings to you, my friend. xoxo

• October 26, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Dear sweet Amy,
      I too look forward to writing postings from South Carolina. There are many similarities here but also things are new and different. Today it was sweater weather, cloudy and in the 60’s.
      Love and blessings to you, my friend.

12. November 19, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Those little creatures are so green! Lucky you. I’m looking forward to seeing how you develop or change your new gardens.

• November 20, 2015 at 12:36 pm

The yard has potential but needs an overhaul as there are no defined beds or hardscape. The tree men arrive today to take out unwanted trees that are crowding spaces. I am reading books about plants and gardening in the south; much information is new but some is the same as in the east. πŸ™‚

• November 20, 2015 at 5:02 pm

I hope you take before and after photos. You have a canvas to inspire you.