Happy Father’s Day Daddy!

My father was an artist. In one corner of our basement stood his wooden easel, and his upholstered chair where he would sit when he studied his paintings; a table held jars of various sized brushes, tubes of paint in primary colors, and stacks of hardcover art books. He taught me how to mix primary colors to get other colors and how to blend in white to soften the hue. He taught me how to clean the brushes and stand them upright in the jars so the brush end would dry. And he taught me how to see beauty all around me. His favorite subject to paint: trees, flowers and skies.

Today is Father’s Day and this Week’s Photo Challenge is ROY G. BiV- the colors of the rainbow.

I chose photographs that remind me of my father’s beautiful paintings.

Happy Father’s Day Daddy!

IMG_3225 IMG_1341IMG_1317IMG_2717IMG_3737IMG_3200

12 comments for “Happy Father’s Day Daddy!

1. cunningham80@comcast.net
    June 21, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Wow!!Β  What beautiful memories your father created.Β  It looks like your creativity and love of the garden was inherited from your dad.Β  Thanks for sharing. Love, Eileen

2. June 21, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Beautiful captures of both images and memories. πŸ™‚

• June 22, 2015 at 11:37 am

Thank you Graham. It is interesting to me that my favorite photo shots are of trees, flowers and skies.

June 22, 2015 at 2:24 pm

4. Shirley
    June 22, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Dearest Ellen,

Your photos are spectacular. You are not only an artist but a great photographer as well.

Love & hugs

June 24, 2015 at 5:59 pm

With just a few sentences, you’ve painted a portrait of your dear father. I’m not at all surprised that your favorite photos are of trees, flowers, and skies. Of course they are! You inherited your love of these from him. When you were small, he framed nature’s beauty for you, and now, his legacy lives on – in your gardens, in your photos, in your picturesque writing.

LOVE this beautiful post and these photos. Most of all, I love your way of being in the world. Thank you for all you share here. xoxo

• June 26, 2015 at 10:35 am

Dear Amy,
      I believe you and I are kindred spirits; we share the same passions for nature and see beauty all around us. I am humbled by your comment, “I love your way of being in the world.”

6. July 7, 2015 at 9:41 pm

What a delightful tribute to a fabulous and creative sounding father….happy Father’s Day πŸ™‚