Snowdrops

There’s a drift of snow at the back door, and snowdrops blooming at the front.

~ Tasha Tudor
Tasha Tudor’s Garden

Snowdrops are the first flowers I see in spring. They reseed themselves; every year it is a joy to see the tiny white bells nodding in the breeze in different areas of the garden.

Happy Spring! See more of Tasha Tudor here.

13 comments for “Snowdrops

1. Kim Stafford
    April 2, 2015 at 2:53 pm

How refreshing!! I haven’t ventured out to see if my poor lone tulip made it another year. Soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 3, 2015 at 10:58 am

The white bell flowers are refreshing against the brown landscape. ๐Ÿ™‚
      We must add some to your garden in the fall.

April 2, 2015 at 3:59 pm

How charming, Ellen! I’m so glad your snowdrops are in bloom. Just lovely!

Love that Tasha Tudor quote. I keep Tasha Tudor’s Garden in a prominent place on my library shelf. Simply adore her.

Thanks for this lovely post today. Happy spring! xox

• April 3, 2015 at 11:14 am

It had always been my dream to visit Tasha’s gardens. The tickets always sold out fast. Finally we were able to get tickets. We knew ahead of time that Tasha would not be going with us on the tour. While walking around I felt her presence; sadly the gardens did not look like the gardens in her books; there were no flowers anywhere. We found out later when we went back to town that she had past a couple days before.

• Amy
        April 3, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Oh, how tragic! Tasha was magical, and no two ways about it. I don’t doubt that you felt her spirit everywhere in her gardens, but how sad that her flowers weren’t there to greet you. I wonder whether anyone has stepped up to keep Tasha Tudor’s home as the garden oasis it formerly was? I consider her a National Treasure. She had an enormous impact on my childhood, and I still count her among my very favorite authors.

3. cunningham80@comcast.net
    April 2, 2015 at 5:56 pm

Happy Easter, Toby!ย  Love, Eileen

4. Sandy Marinuzzi
    April 2, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Have a blessed Easter Toby! I love your photo of the snowdrops! Your photography is getting as wonderful as your beautiful writing. Spring gardening is around the corner.

April 2, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Happy Spring Toby! xoxox

6. Shirley
    April 3, 2015 at 10:54 am

Dearest Ellen,

You always brighten my day. Your snow drops are lovely.

Hugs,