Happy 2015!

When the heavenly, almond scent filled the entire kitchen, I knew my giant muffin was ready to eat. I pulled down the oven door, slid out the rack and carefully placed the mouthwatering pastry on my plate. Just as I was ready to take a bite, an email from my Jazzercise instructor appeared in my inbox. Drat! How did she know?

When I take the tree down and all the decorations, then I start watching what I’m eating. So, tomorrow the tree comes down and all the decorations. But today…

I love the possibilities a New Year brings. I look ahead anticipating the unknown with optimism. In October 2014, I leapt off into the unknown and started my blog. It was a goal I had for a long while. Blogging is a wonderful journey; you get to travel to many places making new friends along the way.

This year I want to learn more about: pruning shrubs and trees, my camera’s many features, and organic vegetable gardening; growing more, rather than paying for them. I also want to write more blog posts each week and read more books than I read in 2014.

May your New Year be filled with hopes and dreams that come true for you! xxoo

Please enjoy a slideshow I made for you of photos taken, in past years, in fall, winter, spring and summer.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Post navigation

22 comments for “Happy 2015!

1. T.K.
    January 1, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Very nice Ellen…happy new year….I’m sure your nurtering. ..of our earth…will exceed even your expectations in 2015… I enjoy your post…and look forward to your 2015 pictures and life stories….

• January 2, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Thank-you my sweet brother! I guess nurturing is part of who I am; must be the teacher in me. 🙂
      Love, xxoo

2. Sandra Marinuzzi
    January 1, 2015 at 7:26 pm

I love your photos of all the seasons! I want to read more books in 2015 too! I enjoy reading your blog my friend! Thanks!

• January 2, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Happy New Year my friend! I might sign up on the Goodreads website for the challenge of reading more books in 2015.
      Check it out. 🙂

3. Eileen
    January 1, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Your photos are a beautiful way to start the new year. Thank you. All best to you and your
    Family in 2015. Love Eileen

• January 2, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Hi Eileen,
      It was fun looking through all my photos and remembering how the garden looked. It amazes me how it flourishes in summer after the cold winter.
      Joy in 2015!

4. J/B
    January 1, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Your writing inspires my thoughts and mind. The pictures are also an unexpected bonus.

• January 2, 2015 at 1:26 pm

To my sweet brother,

Thank-you for commenting on my blog! Are you inspired enough to start writing? 🙂
      All you need is a pencil, paper and your heart.

January 1, 2015 at 11:35 pm

Happy New Year Toby. You pictures are beautiful. Keep up jazzercise. Will me you.

• January 2, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Hope the sun is shining for you in Florida. 🙂
      Yes, I will keep up jazzercise; it’s fun! And exercise has to be fun for me or I won’t do it.

6. January 2, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Your garden is so lovely, it looks like part of an estate garden! Mine is languishing due to overgrowth and neglect. But maybe this year I’ll reclaim some of it using your blog to inspire me! Happy New Year!

• January 2, 2015 at 8:18 pm

You are kind! We started with a small area and over 20 years they expanded to the back yard.
      Happy 2015!

~ ellen

7. January 5, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Ellen, a beautiful set of garden photos – it is a wonderful time to reflect on the garden, isn’t it? Did I see a dark flowered tree peony in one of your images? Whatever it is, it is spectacular! I enjoyed the slide show immensely – thank you for sharing.

• January 5, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Thank-you! I love photography as much as gardening; they do go hand-in-hand.
      Yes, that is a tree peony. The flowers are huge and gorgeous in spring.
      Thank-you for commenting on my blog! I smile when I see your new post in my inbox. 🙂

8. January 6, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Ellen, your garden is truly breathtaking. I see you are a remarkable and devoted fellow member of the “garden-obsessed.” I notice you have followed my blog for which I say “Thank You.” I am not strictly a garden blogger….not sure what I am actually!….one of those nicheless bloggers, I guess, but I am happy to meet and follow you too. We gardeners have so much to learn from one another, right? Happy New Year!

• January 6, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Hi Barbara,
      The reason I love your blog is because it is about subjects I’m also interested in ; books, gardens, food, travel, projects, challenges and your cutie pie dogs. I started my blog in October and I do love gardening but I find myself wanting to write about different topics. Maybe in 2015 you’ll see a new title on my blog… you and your writing inspire me and I thank-you!

~ ellen

9. January 9, 2015 at 2:44 am

Love what you are doing—-I don’t think your followers know how beautiful your garden truly is — your pictures tell a nice story– but your garden is a place you can really experience- walk through and be transformed by its story— and guess what– it changes every season so the story is always evolving— OK enough gushing

I think you should open the garden up this spring for visitors– we can all be inspired

keep up the good writing—

• January 9, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Thank-you Janie for your kind words and for being my mentor all these gardening years. 🙂
      xxoo ~ ellen

10. January 17, 2015 at 3:29 pm

LOL at the Jazzercise email! I do hope it didn’t deter you! 🙂

• January 17, 2015 at 3:50 pm

No, it didn’t. The emails from our teacher are usually about the schedule. It was funny though how it showed up right at the moment I was going to take a bite of the muffin. It made me laugh. 🙂

11. Marilee
    January 18, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Finally had a chance to check out your blog. Beautiful English style gardens. We must get together this spring to check out each other’s gardens. Pretty memorable start to your teaching career! See you soon at Jazz. Congratulations on this new venture,

• January 19, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Hi Marilee,
      Checking out each other’s gardens would be fun. My blog is supposed to be about gardening but sometimes I digress. 🙂
      Thank-you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. See you soon.